Art Discovery Day – Ceramics – Sunday January 29th – 11am-4pm
Who Is This Course For:
- Anyone who wants the opportunity to be creative in a welcoming and friendly environment.
- Anyone who may feel creatively blocked, but would like to try (or return to) clay.
- Anyone who would like guidance in creating their own hand-built ceramic vessel in one day (will get fired in a kiln after class).
Let’s Make Art Together:
- Come hand-build a ceramic vessel in my studio, located at Artspace in downtown Raleigh, NC
- Create with stoneware or porcelain, paint with underglazes
- Small groups of 2 to 4 adults
- Art materials and light refreshments provided
During the workshop we will work together to create a ceramic vessel – it can be a planter or a decorative vessel. I will guide you step by step so that you can created a finished piece of ceramic art that you will be proud to display in your home. You will be able to paint with underglazes and after your vessel is dry, I will apply clear glaze fire twice in a kiln. You will be notified when the pieces are ready, usually 1-2 weeks after your session. For folks traveling from out of town, your piece(s) will be shipped after they’re fired in the kiln.
*Looking to take this class with friends and family? For groups with 5 or more students I can create a separate class registration page and reserve a larger space in our building. Use the contact form or send me an email to [email protected] to check availability. For additional workshop information and policies, please visit this page.
- You will have access to underglazes paint and tools, but you may also bring additional supplies, especially if there are specific (cone 6) underglaze colors you love, or your want to bring your favorite ceramic tool or rolling pin.
- You will also have access to various texture tools, but you may also bring stencils, or any found objects like interesting rocks or shells you would like to imprint on the clay.
- Bring a reference photo or two of ceramic vessels you love and we’ll discuss how to interpret through your ceramic project.
Duration of Workshop
11am to 4pm, with a short 30min break in the middle.
Out of stock